We Help You Face Family Law Issues With Confidence
Divorce and other family law disputes can be emotionally draining. At the Healdsburg law firm of Passalacqua & Passalacqua, LLP, our commitment to our client’s unique needs and our thorough knowledge of California family law provide reassurance during a highly stressful time.
We represent clients in the full spectrum of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — We protect your rights at every step, from legal separation until your divorce is final.
- Custody and visitation — Whether or not you expect to be the custodial parent, we will work to ensure that you receive ample time with your child.
- Child support — There are several factors that can lead to deviating from the formula that determines how much one parent pays the other for child support, particularly with couples who have substantial assets. We protect your best interests, whether you expect to pay monthly child support or receive it.
- Alimony and palimony — The court considers a number of factors when determining whether spousal support is warranted and for how long. Our extensive experience in estate planning and business law provides a solid understanding of complex financial matters that play a role in many family law issues.
- Property division — California’s community property laws are complex. It is vital to work with a lawyer who understands the nuances of distinguishing marital and separate property. We have extensive experience representing professionals, business owners and other high-asset individuals with complex valuation and division of marital assets.
- Modifications and relocation — Life’s changes frequently require adjusting existing orders regarding custody, support or other aspects of your agreement. We can lead you through this process or defend against a petition to relocate with a child or otherwise amend an existing order.
If A Legal Issue Involves Your Family, We Can Help
We also assist clients with adoption, stepparent adoption, paternity, guardianship, restraining orders, enforcement issues and all other family law matters. Because attorneys Richard and Joseph Passalacqua both handle family law cases, when you enlist our services you get nearly 60 years of cumulative experience.
We emphasize a personal approach, listen carefully so we fully understand each client’s objectives and help set realistic expectations. Often, we reach solutions without the need to litigate. This allows our clients to shape the look and feel of their lives moving forward. However, if a fair agreement cannot be reached through negotiation, we are always prepared to advocate aggressively on your behalf in court.
Selecting Your Lawyer Is Among The Most Important Decisions You Will Make
We invite you schedule a meeting to discuss your family law needs. We will answer your questions, provide a candid assessment of what you can expect and recommend an effective course of action. Call or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation.